The Center for Computation and Visualization is looking for students who can help support researchers on the High Performance Computing systems at Brown University.
Hours: Maximum 20 hours per week.
This position will provide support to the research community in the effective utilization of High Performance Computing Resources:
- Compile, install, and test applications for the Brown research community
- Work with researchers to more efficiently and effectively utilize resources to improve productivity and advance science
- Programming: porting codes and applications, debugging, optimization
- Parallel programming
- Troubleshoot and isolate problems
- Develop documentation for users
- Scientific application support (Matlab, Mathematica optional)
- Unix/Linux proficiency
- Programming experience (C, C++ or Fortran)
- Scripting (python, perl, bash)
- Experience with HPC systems
- enthusiastic about learning and applying new skills
To apply, please send CV to John_Huffman@brown.edu