Bioinformatics Seminar hosted by The Bioinformatics Resource facility and The Center for Computation and Visualization
Two sessions on Wednesday, October 12, 2016
1. Hands on IPA Training and CLC Seminar from 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
see PDF flyer
Live stream link
2. Intro to Statistical Analysis on Oscar (R programming) from 3:30 pm -5:00 pm
Live stream link
Venue : Lecture Hall 160 (Med-Ed), 222 Richmond Street, Providence, RI 02903
Please take time to answer this survey
Refreshments will be served.
The following workshops are all at:
Location: Digital Scholarship Lab - Rockefeller Library - 10 Prospect Street, Providence, RI
Time: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Note: The capacity is limited to 25 persons. Participants who do not provide an Email ID cannot be guaranteed a spot.
Introduction to Linux - 09/26/2016, Monday
Learn the basics of the Linux/Unix OS, topics include:
- Using command line
- How to access and list your files, and how they are organized
- Connecting to a Unix system
- Editing files and running applications
Introduction to HPC - 10/03/2016, Monday
We cover the basics of High Performance Computing:
- Computer architecture
- HPC system types
- Resource management and job submission
Introduction to Oscar - 10/17/2016, Monday
- An introduction to Oscar - CCV's high-performance computer
- There will be an overview of Oscar and some hands-on getting started.
HPC with MATLAB - 10/24/2016, Monday
- Objective: To familiarize participants with using MATLAB on an HPC cluster, specifically - Oscar.
- Part 1: How to run MATLAB programs on Oscar through the GUI, command line mode and batch mode (including job arrays).
- Part 2: Provide best practices for performance and memory management. Introduce advanced features for running MATLAB in parallel mode and dealing with big data.
- Prerequisite: This workshop assumes that the users have previously used MATLAB in some form. Knowledge of advanced functions or parallel programming is not required.