The following workshops are all at:
Location: Digital Scholarship Lab - Rockefeller Library - 10 Prospect Street, Providence, RI
Note: The capacity is limited to 25 persons. Participants who do not provide an Email ID cannot be guaranteed a spot.
Introduction to Linux
Wednesday September 20th, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Learn the basics of the Linux/Unix OS, topics include:
- Using the command line
- How to access and list your files, and how they are organized
- Connecting to a Unix system
- Editing files and running applications
Introduction to Oscar
Wednesday October 11th, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- An introduction Oscar - CCV's high-performance computer:
- There will be an overview of Oscar and some HANDS-ON getting started
HPC with MATLAB
Tuesday October 17th, 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Objective: To familiarize participants with using MATLAB on an HPC cluster, specifically - Oscar.
- Part 1: How to run MATLAB programs on Oscar through the GUI, command line mode and batch mode (including job arrays).
- Part 2: Provide best practices for performance and memory management. Introduce advanced features for running MATLAB in parallel mode, using GPUs and dealing with big data.
- Prerequisite: This workshop assumes that the users have previously used MATLAB in some form. Knowledge of advanced functions or parallel programming is not required.